is on a mission to inspire you to cultivate healthy habits and to find joy in moving and eating. She believes functional fitness improves the quality of life and that ‘real food’ can heal you, taste good, and make you happy! 🙂
Karen is a clinical exercise physiologist with extensive cardiac rehabilitation experience prescribing exercise to individuals with cardiovascular disease, a history of acute coronary syndrome, and other age- and weight-associated conditions.
She is the founder/creator of Athletes in Aprons; weekly health expert on KRON 4 Morning News Weekend, producer/host of short-format healthy lifestyle television segments; an award-winning writer; health education weight management instructor; and media contributor for national TV, radio, and print.
- Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer, American College of Sports Medicine
- Certified Orthopedic Exercise Specialist, American Council on Exercise
- Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist, American Council on Exercise
- Living Strong, Living Well Instructor (cancer fitness program), Stanford School of Medicine
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association
- Certified Basic Life Support, American Heart Association